One of ACEC-SC objectives is to provide programs to the membership that will improve their business operations. Keeping that in mind, six years ago ACEC-SC launched the Future Leaders Program. ACEC-SC Future Leaders’ goal is to grow today’s engineers into tomorrow’s engineering leadership.
This year, under the leadership of Kylie Page, Terracon, ACEC-SC Future Leaders Program explores concepts and means by which both personal learning and business performance may be increased. This will be accomplished through six sessions that started on August 27, 2015 in Columbia South Carolina.
This year ACEC-SC has 20 Future Leaders from 15 different member firms. This year’s Future Leaders are:
Daniel Atkinson, Michael Baker International
Tripp Barrineau, Keck & Wood, Inc.
Jeremy Bristow, AECOM
Bradley Cain, KCI Technologies
Mitchel Cooper, STV Inc.
Michael Davis, AECOM
Jason Duncan, Terracon
Amanda Hawkins, Michael Baker International
Ryan Hounshell, Holt Consulting Company, LLC
Daniel Koehler, Rowe Professional Services Company
Christina Lee, Terracon
Shanna Niswonger, Michael Baker International
Ray Spence, CDM Smtih
Brandon Stokes, HDR
Thai Trinh, Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson
Lee Tupper, HDR
Kevin Vello, Collins Engineers
Lauren Warmuth, Infrastructure Consulting & Engineering
Todd Warren, Davis & Floyd, Inc.
Nick Williamson, Kimley-Horn & Associates
The ACEC-SC Future Leaders face the following objectives:
- Increase personal knowledge and skills, business acumen, and awareness of the environment in which they practice.
- Develop a greater self-reliance and confidence based upon a deeper understanding of themselves, the business of engineering and the Social, Technical Economic, Political Context in which they, their clients, and the public operate.
- Develop a commitment to life-long learning and be more aware of and inclined to act on their curiosity about themselves and their world.
- Clarify what matters to them and their business so that compelling visions, goals & strategies emerge.
- Develop a strong peer network as a resource of the future business challenges.
- Develop role models for the next generation of leadership in the engineer profession affecting their firms, their associates, and their communities.Future Leaders finish up at the ACEC-SC Engineer Excellence Awards Gala in Columbia, SC at the Columbia Museum of Art on February 2, 2015. ACEC-SC Future Leaders Program is a biennial program put on by ACEC-SC to benefit the ACEC-SC membership.