2015-2016 Future Leaders Program
Notices | July 8th, 2015
Growing Today’s Engineers Into Tomorrow’s Engineering Leadership
ACEC-SC is pleased to offer the third annual Future Leaders Program, a leadership and career development program for upwardly mobile, rising stars of the design industry.
WHO IS A FUTURE LEADER?
The Future Leaders Program is designed for the engineering industry’s up-and-coming professionals. It is open to all individuals in the design profession: engineers, business development professionals, and marketing professionals. Applicants must be employed by a member firm or be the owner/principal of the member firm. A future leader is a top performer and dedicated employee who has the potential to manage a team, group, office or company.
The program is specifically designed to give South Carolina’s design professionals the opportunity to explore concepts and means by which both personal learning and business performance may be increased. The primary focus of the Future Leaders Program is on interactive learning with a select peer group facilitated by both local and national leaders of the business community and A/E professional. Interactive lessons, pre-session reading and assignments reinforce and strengthen each session. Relationship building and networking with peers will be one of the top benefits. Program presenters include a mix of professionals from inside the industry.
Primary objectives will assist participants to:
• Increase personal knowledge and skills, business acumen and awareness of the environment in which they practice.
• Develop a greater self-reliance and confidence based upon a deeper understanding of themselves, the business of engineering and the social, technical, economic, political context in which they, their clients and the public operate.
• Develop a commitment to life-long learning and be more aware of and inclined to act on their curiosity about themselves and their world.
• Clarify what matters to them and their businesses so that compelling visions, goals & strategies emerge.
• Develop a strong peer network as a resource for future business challenges.
• Develop role models for the next generation of leadership in the engineering profession affecting their firms, their associations and their communities.
Approximate Cost: $600 • Location: Columbia, SC • Number of Sessions: 6
The leadership journey begins August 27, 2015 and concludes in February 2, 2016. The class will officially graduate during the ACEC-SC Engineering Excellence Awards Gala in February 2016. Approximately 12 professional development hours will be awarded to program graduates.
Click here to download the Future Leaders Program registration.